In this infographic report, the New York Film Academy looks at women in film. Its focus is on big budget films – how much would you say is reflected in grass roots / independent films? Certainly a high number of castings that come my way have more roles for men and the female roles tend to be defined in relation to men / others (i.e. mother, prostitute, girlfriend), while male roles tend to be about who / what they are in relation to their own lives, work, goals, etc.
To suit the Action to the Word, the Word to the Action
Search this blog
- 3 Filmmakers Who Inspired Me and Why by Neil Rolland 30 March, 2015
- ‘The arts spread joy & encourage empathy. They’re not a luxury. ’ Samuel West | The Guardian 23 March, 2015
- 21@21: The Result! 2 March, 2015
Discover Fine Acting Online
Actress and Acting Coach Danielle Farrow, specialist in Shakespeare's verse, offering private tuition, classes, information on castings, events and more. Visit 'Contact' on the Discover Fine Acting website to join the mailing list!
- Proper picture of mini Kelpies, West End Edinburgh! http://t.co/Ywg4NCMBPo 4 days ago
- West End Edinburgh has mini Kelpies! (Best could do from bus) http://t.co/IWU5u9CkkT 4 days ago
- Available for touring: A Bench on the Road : Compilation summerhall.tv/2015/a-bench-o… via @socializeWP 6 days ago