In this infographic report, the New York Film Academy looks at women in film. Its focus is on big budget films – how much would you say is reflected in grass roots / independent films? Certainly a high number of castings that come my way have more roles for men and the female roles tend to be defined in relation to men / others (i.e. mother, prostitute, girlfriend), while male roles tend to be about who / what they are in relation to their own lives, work, goals, etc.
To suit the Action to the Word, the Word to the Action
Search this blog
- The D21 Club – great! 8 October, 2014
- Brecht And The Sob Factor: Should Theatre Try To Make Us Cry? 30 September, 2014
- New Beginning For The Byre? 30 September, 2014
Discover Fine Acting Online
Actress and Acting Coach Danielle Farrow, specialist in Shakespeare's verse, offering private tuition, classes, information on castings, events and more. Visit 'Contact' on the Discover Fine Acting website to join the mailing list!
- Saturday 22nd is final night of 3 cracking shows: historyfest.co.uk/news/history-t… #historyfestival #Edinburgh 1 day ago
- RT @KirstyEila: Final show of Miss Julie tomorrow (Saturday) at 6:30pm at Adam House in Edinburgh. Hope you can make it! :-) 1 day ago
- Great event - get along! "@eastscotequity: Here is the info for the night out. "Not the Xmas night out." buff.ly/1GWQhzS #edinburgh 1 week ago