In this infographic report, the New York Film Academy looks at women in film. Its focus is on big budget films – how much would you say is reflected in grass roots / independent films? Certainly a high number of castings that come my way have more roles for men and the female roles tend to be defined in relation to men / others (i.e. mother, prostitute, girlfriend), while male roles tend to be about who / what they are in relation to their own lives, work, goals, etc.
To suit the Action to the Word, the Word to the Action
Search this blog
- The D21 Club – great! 8 October, 2014
- Brecht And The Sob Factor: Should Theatre Try To Make Us Cry? 30 September, 2014
- New Beginning For The Byre? 30 September, 2014
Discover Fine Acting Online
Actress and Acting Coach Danielle Farrow, specialist in Shakespeare's verse, offering private tuition, classes, information on castings, events and more. Visit 'Contact' on the Discover Fine Acting website to join the mailing list!
- RT @InspiringWomen2: How you make others feel about themselves, says a lot about you. 15 hours ago
- RT @Gollancz: ICYMI: The wonderful Ursula Le Guin gives a speech. And is awesome. We think this counts as essential viewing... http://t.co… 1 day ago
- Get involved in this discussion in person and online: Edinburgh’s Culture Discussed: buff.ly/1FnfYIn buff.ly/1Fng1DK 2 days ago