In this infographic report, the New York Film Academy looks at women in film. Its focus is on big budget films – how much would you say is reflected in grass roots / independent films? Certainly a high number of castings that come my way have more roles for men and the female roles tend to be defined in relation to men / others (i.e. mother, prostitute, girlfriend), while male roles tend to be about who / what they are in relation to their own lives, work, goals, etc.
To suit the Action to the Word, the Word to the Action
Search this blog
- Tartan Features: Micro-Budget Feature Filmmaking in Scotland – Event at Filmhouse 26 August, 2014
- Last Chance to See at Edinburgh Fringe 2014… 23 August, 2014
- Discover Fine Acting at Edinburgh Festivals! 30 July, 2014
Discover Fine Acting Online
Actress and Acting Coach Danielle Farrow, specialist in Shakespeare's verse, offering private tuition, classes, information on castings, events and more. Visit 'Contact' on the Discover Fine Acting website to join the mailing list!
- Tartan Features: Micro-Budget Feature Filmmaking in Scotland – Event at Filmhouse wp.me/p10qo9-k4 5 days ago
- Tartan Features: Micro-Budget Feature Filmmaking in Scotland - Event at Filmhouse wp.me/p1Lk4j-S4 via @WriteShootCut 5 days ago
- RT @osipacmeist: Bloody hell but Kelvingrove Galleries looks good...#indyref 6 days ago