In this infographic report, the New York Film Academy looks at women in film. Its focus is on big budget films – how much would you say is reflected in grass roots / independent films? Certainly a high number of castings that come my way have more roles for men and the female roles tend to be defined in relation to men / others (i.e. mother, prostitute, girlfriend), while male roles tend to be about who / what they are in relation to their own lives, work, goals, etc.
To suit the Action to the Word, the Word to the Action
Search this blog
- The D21 Club – great! 8 October, 2014
- Brecht And The Sob Factor: Should Theatre Try To Make Us Cry? 30 September, 2014
- New Beginning For The Byre? 30 September, 2014
Discover Fine Acting Online
Actress and Acting Coach Danielle Farrow, specialist in Shakespeare's verse, offering private tuition, classes, information on castings, events and more. Visit 'Contact' on the Discover Fine Acting website to join the mailing list!
- Timothy Spall: ‘Maybe these days you simply need to be posh to be an actor. It's a bloody shame’ gu.com/p/42nmz/stw 2 days ago
- RT @4Talent: ATTENTION BUDDING FILMMAKERS!! @Film4 are holding their second Innovation Forum, check it out and apply here: http://t.co/9Xgg… 2 days ago
- It’s not unreasonable to ask where the real Renée Zellweger has gone | Viv Groskop | Comment is free | The Guardian buff.ly/1zv1QgB 5 days ago